Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Amy's Nail Boutique Happy Holly-days

Pressing on with the Christmas theme, I have another indie polish for you today! Let's take a look at this gorgeous glitter topper...





Base coat: 1 coat of China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat
Polish: 2 coats of Revlon Black Lingerie, 2 coats of Happy Holly-days
Top Coat: 1 coat of Gelous, 1 coat of Seche Vite

Happy Holly-days is a combination of red and green hexagonal matte glitter. Since this was a polish clearly meant for layering, I figured that black would contrast the most against the seasonal mix. The glitter kind of "glowed" against the black, it was an interesting effect.

The glitter in this polish did require some "placement" and because I didn't do such a good job of that, there was a lot of bubbling. Which is kind of obvious in my pictures. This made me a little sad. It would have been a perfect manicure otherwise!

You can check out Amy's Nail Boutique on Etsy here.

Are you getting in the holiday mood with your manicures yet?

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous- love how the red and green stand out against the black. I'm a little sad about the holidays ending- it also means the end of these pretty and festive manis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did enjoy the red and green while it lasted. I will admit, I got a little tired of it towards the end though :P

    Thanks for the sweet comment <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I'm a new follower, would love if you would please follow me back on my blog, can't email you right now but you can find my blog on my profile, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked out your blog. I like your nail art! Cute stuff :)

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts!
But please don't leave any links in your comments. If you'd like for me to check out your blog, email me a link and I'll check it out :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...