Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Essie Armed and Ready

Hi everyone! I hope you guys are doing well. My nubbins are making their debut on this blog today...



A closer look at the shimmer

Kitty fur!
Base coat: 1 coat of Trind base coat
Polish: 2 coats of Armed and Ready
Top coat: 1 coat of Seche Vite

Armed and Ready is a dark olive green with a touch of gray that has golden shimmer running through it. These photos were taken with indoor lighting, so they're showing up more green. But in person, it normally pulled more dark gray on me. Penelope was right there when I was taking pictures with the lamp, which is why I used her belly fur as a background for that last picture hehehehe ;)

So yes, there are my short little nails. I'm getting used to them already. It's so weird at first not seeing any free edge hanging off my fingers. They are easier to manage though, that's for sure. And at least I don't get stuff stuck under them anymore. Gotta think positive :)

Armed and Ready was easy to work with, no formulation issues at all! I did have some major chipping after less than 2 days but that could just be because how hard work is on my hands/fingers/nails. So I don't fault this polish at all. It's too gorgeous to stay mad at! I love olive greens, even if they are this dark, but the gold shimmer is what sets it apart and makes it unique.

I bought this polish from a blog sale a few weeks ago, no regrets!

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is quite a change in length! There's a lot to be said for shorties--I just cut mine back some (though they weren't as long as yours were before) thanks to smashing up one tip and not feeling like babying it along 'til it grew out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there is a huge difference. But I know a lot of girls out there like short nails too. And at least I don't have to baby them anymore! That will be a relief :)

      Delete
  2. Pretty color. Think positive. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!
But please don't leave any links in your comments. If you'd like for me to check out your blog, email me a link and I'll check it out :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...