Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

This Week in Nail Polish

Hi everyone! I hope you've all had a good week and are prepared for the start of a new one. Let's see what I've added to my stash recently...


Left to right: Nessa, Ashley, Sarah, Kylie, and magnet

My Maven box came in the mail early in the week. Apparently, they are jumping on the magnetic bandwagon as well. Kylie (the purple one) is the magnetic polish. Sarah was an additional polish I added on, the box only came with Nessa, Ashley, Kylie and the magnet. It also came with a sample of their pedicure cream. I actually have a few magnetic polishes now but have yet to use one as a full manicure yet. Need to get on that ASAP!


Close-up of the glitter and shimmer

Left to right: Bronze, Wine, A Million Sparkles and Bad Kitty
Once again, the stupid Nabi polishes don't have names so those are the ones I gave them. As you can see, the Bronze is missing the magnet it's supposed to come with. Apparently, I didn't notice this when I was buying them...I need to exchange that one soon.

I got the two Nabis at Walgreen's and found A Million Sparkles at CVS. I ordered Bad Kitty from here. It's limited edition and currently sold out but she'll probably post more at some point.

All in all, I'm happy with what I've added to my collection. Lots of pretty polishes!

Here's an older mani:


This is China Glaze Gamer Glam. I added some pink heart rhinestones as an accent finger. Pretty, huh?

I have some older pictures of the cats now. Starting from the first day I got Lillith as a kitten!

It's a cell phone pic, so the quality isn't the best. But I will treasure this picture forever...


Lillith is 5 years old now. She was only a few weeks old when I got her. I'm so glad to have her in my life. Looking at baby pictures of her makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside <3

Sadly, I don't have any kitten pictures of Penelope because she was almost a year old when I adopted her from the SPCA. I do have a picture of her from when I barely got her, 6 years ago...


Her belly is shaved here cause she had just been fixed. She's a lot smaller here too. This was apparently before she turned into the fat blob that she is now.

I still remember what it was like meeting her at the shelter. I took her into that room where you get a chance to interact with the animal. She was SO sweet. Like, I couldn't believe it. It was instant love. I knew she was the one I had to take home with me. I can't express in words how much both of my babies mean to me. I feel so lucky to have them as companions and cherish every day I get with them.

Anyway, I suppose that's enough rambling for today. Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the Nabi lacquers! And my heart melted a bit when you were talking about your cats- furry little sweethearts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if the place you got your Nabis does this, but the Walgreens around here where I've gotten mine have just covered up the names on the bottom with another sticker--if I peel those off carefully, I can see the names. The names are often nonsensical, like Lavender what's clearly not any shade of purple, but at least it gives me something to put in my spreadsheet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird! I checked one (the bronze one) and there was just one sticker with some numbers on it. Nothing underneath that one. I'll have to check the others but I doubt they're any different. Thanks though :)

      Delete
    2. Bummer. I did get one that didn't have the second sticker underneath, so who knows what's up.

      Delete
    3. Ah well. You said they don't make sense anyway :P

      Delete
  3. AWWW, your cat is cute.
    Very beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!
But please don't leave any links in your comments. If you'd like for me to check out your blog, email me a link and I'll check it out :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...