Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Barielle Gotta Have Fate

Hi everyone! Today we have swatches of an interesting color that seems to change with the lighting. You'll see what I mean in the pictures.








Base coat: 1 coat of CND Stickey
Polish: 3 coats of Gotta Have Fate
Top coat: 1 coat of Seche Vite

Barielle's website describes this one as an "opaque creamy coral". Now I'm going to have to disagree with that. I think it's more of a jelly, so opaqueness might not be totally possible. You can't see it too well in the photos but in person, after 3 coats, I could still see my nail lines.

As for the color, well that's tricky too. Most of the time it looked orange on me. Sometimes the coral would peek through. This polish is VIBRANT. Very bright and not for the faint of heart. I never wear shades like this because I don't think they're very flattering on me. I think this might pull so orange on me because of my skin-tone. I'm obviously on the darker side and that seems to pull out the orange tones in this one.

Formula was unexpectedly pleasant to work with. Didn't have any issues at all, very fluid and each layer just flowed onto the other.

I bought this on the Barielle website, which you can visit here, during one of their sales. Every now and then they have a 30% off sale and free shipping for 24 hours. And their polishes are always buy one, get one free. So that brings the cost of two polishes to $8.40, including shipping...which is a deal I can't resist! If you sign up for their email alerts, you'll get a notification of this sale if you're interested.

That's it for today...thanks for stopping by :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!
But please don't leave any links in your comments. If you'd like for me to check out your blog, email me a link and I'll check it out :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...