Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

This Week in Nail Polish

Hi guys! This post would have made more sense if I posted it last night (Sunday) but you know how life gets in the way of doing what you want.

I actually racked up a decent amount of polish this past week. At least more than I've been getting as of late. Let's get this started!


Essie Smooth Sailing came to me from a blog sale. The pink beauty next to it is from Candeo Colors on Etsy and it's called Dolce. It is so gorgeous in person! And I finally got the two NerdLacquers from the last time Amanda's shop was open, here we have Cold and Calculating and The Quantum Bluniverse. I could seriously go into a whole essay about how heart-stoppingly beautiful these polishes are...but I'll spare you ;)



Just look at all that pretty glitter! *swoon*

Oh yeah, and Amanda also included this cute, fuzzy ring in the package.


Here are some Barielle's that I ordered a little while back on Hautelook.



These polishes were definitely an impulse buy that I probably should have thought through more. I actually already HAVE Sweet Addiction, I guess I forgot about that. So I now have two bottles of the same polish. I've read about this happening to other nail polish addicts that accidentally buy a polish they already have...this is the first time it's happened to me! The polishes were half off ($4 instead of $8) and I just couldn't resist.

I also got my April Maven Box from Julep. They had a short special to add-on any two polishes (or the foot creme) for $4.99 each, which is why my photo shows 4 polishes.


My box came with Mandy, Susie and the foot creme. Comment on the foot creme: it's one of those products that burn/tingle when you put it on. I don't get why companies add that effect to products...I might be in the minority here, but I find it really uncomfortable. The lip-plumping lip gloss that one of the Maven boxes had a while back had the same effect, it was so unbearable I had to clean the stuff off my lips. Yuck.

Anyway, my two add-ons are obviously Penelope and Parker. Funny thing...I didn't actually intend on buying them. I went to the page and picked those two and added them to my box expecting to go to some confirmation page or like a check-out/billing page and that didn't happen. Instead it was like, "Ok, thanks! We'll add those to your bill." Or whatever. Not exactly those words but you know what I mean.

I didn't feel like going through the trouble to cancel it or whatever. Laziness wins again! Plus, I was kind of excited about getting a polish named Penelope. That is my fat, moo-moo kitty's name :)
And Parker looks pretty cute. Tangerine cremes seem to be the thing for this spring.

The Maven box itself came wrapped all cute too. Of course, I don't have pictures of it or anything...don't see the point in keeping packaging and stuff around, I usually toss it right after I open something. It came with green paper grass and some chocolate eggs...keeping with the Easter theme and all.

The Maven box also came with some toe separators. I change my toenail polish once a week but don't really use those things. Maybe I'll give these a whirl.


And finally, I'll end on a kitty pic! I've decided I'm going to try to include one of these every week during these posts. So think of it as kitty pic of the week :)


That is Penelope! She is the chubby lovins of my life <3
She was supervising me when I was taking these pictures, which is why the lighting is all weird.

And that's it for this (really last) week. Thanks for stopping by, pretty polish addicts!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!
But please don't leave any links in your comments. If you'd like for me to check out your blog, email me a link and I'll check it out :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...