Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Candeo Colors Dolce

Hey everyone! Today I have another indie brand of polish that is also super popular these days.











Base coat: 1 coat of CND Stickey
Polish: 4 coats of Dolce
Top coat: 1 coat of Gelous, 1 coat of Seche Vite

Dolce is described as "a cotton candy pink base with dark pink shimmer and multiple sizes of white, holo purple and silver hex and bar glitter and a few silver half moons".

For some reason, I wasn't happy with how this looked on me. I think it might be the worst shade of pink for my skin color. And after 4 coats, I could still see some nail line. It was easy enough to apply but a lot of the larger glitters kept sinking to the bottom. I had to keep shaking my bottle while I was applying it.

And it was still very bumpy in some places after 1 coat of Gelous and 1 coat of Seche Vite. So while this polish might be a winner for some, it was a disappointment to me.

I don't like visible nail line. I don't like bumpy or difficult to work with glitters. I don't like this shade of pink on me.

Ah well, they can't all be winners! At least it's pretty in the bottle and I'm sure it looks great on other people.

I can't wait to try more polishes from Candeo Colors though. I just know now what I'm potentially dealing with if I do.

The Etsy shop is closed right now but you can sign up for email notifications when it's open again. Candeo Colors can be found here.

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. Hey! Would you be willing to consider a trade? I just picked up Orchid and Glacier from Candeo Colors; if you are interested in either of those for Dolce?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. email me at shimmering_madness(at)yahoo(dot)com and we'll talk about it

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts!
But please don't leave any links in your comments. If you'd like for me to check out your blog, email me a link and I'll check it out :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...