Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Essence Blue Ray

Hey there! Today we have my very first Essence. Of course, I've seen swatches and heard all about this brand. But I think this brand is a little hard to get a hold of in the U.S.






Base coat: 1 coat of Julep Nail Therapy
Polish: 3 coats of Blue Ray
Top Coat: 1 coat of Seche Vite

Blue Ray is a shimmery blue with a very, and I mean VERY, subtle purple duo-chrome. I was disappointed in this polish because I had high expectations for the color shift. It looks blue most of the time and the purple barely peeks around the edges. It's still very pretty to look at, just not what I was expecting. I guess I prefer my duo-chromes/multi-chromes to pack a punch!

Formula-wise, I had no issues. It was a decent consistency and I didn't notice any pooling or dragging. I think it did need the 3 coats though, to be to my liking of opacity. Maybe I need to layer this over black. I probably will in the future.

I bought this polish from a blog sale. I think it was a limited edition but you could always check Ebay if you're really wanting this one!

Thanks for stopping by :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!
But please don't leave any links in your comments. If you'd like for me to check out your blog, email me a link and I'll check it out :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...