Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Maybelline Purple Trend

Hey everyone! The manicure I'm bringing you today was somewhat of a disappointment to me for a few reasons. The first thing you'll notice in my swatches is the tip-wear and minor chips. I had this polish on for less than 24 hours before this happened!




Base coat: 1 coat of Julep Nail Therapy
Polish: 2 coats of Purple Trend
Top coat: 1 coat of Seche Vite

Purple trend is a dark brown creme with a tinge of purple and a blue shimmer flash, at least that's how I interpret it. Now what was really disappointing is that the shimmer rarely ever shows up. Indoors it just looks like a dark purple or something. And even in the sun, it doesn't show up as much as I'd like it to. This polish was a real snooze for me! The fact that it chipped so easily doesn't help either.

The formula was ok, can't say I'm a fan of the brush either. This is actually the first Maybelline that I've ever used or owned. Doubt I'll be running out to try another Maybelline anytime soon.


Here's the best I could do for getting the shimmer to show up on my camera.

Anyway...this polish was limited edition from their 2011 fall (I think) collection. You can find it on Ebay or maybe somewhere else on the Internet. Perhaps some drugstores have them on clearance. I bought it from a blog sale.

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!
But please don't leave any links in your comments. If you'd like for me to check out your blog, email me a link and I'll check it out :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...