Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Peripera Army Green GR305

Greetings! Today we're going to talk about a brand from South Korea. I have to admit that I mostly bought this because of the over-the-top bottle. Let me show you what I mean...


I guess because the top is so shiny that it made my camera act funny. Who knows. Oddly enough, the top is actually gold in person...not silver. But anyway! Here's a closer shot of the bottle:


(I should also add that these bottles are much taller than your standard bottle of polish. This one has to go on the top row of my nail polish rack to even fit.)

And here is what it looks like on my nails...





Base coat: 1 coat of Beauty Secrets Base Coat
Polish: 2 coats of Army Green
Top Coat: 1 coat of Seche Vite

So this polish is a dark forest green creme. I would say it's definitely darker than an "army" green. And in lower lighting it can lean more black. But if you pay just a bit more attention to it, you'll notice the green in it.

The formula was ok but not the best. I had some issues with bald patches, even though it dried quickly between coats. The brushes on these polishes are HUGE. Like way bigger than normal brushes. Here I have it compared to a standard China Glaze brush (the polish is Holly Day):


If you're careful, you can cover your whole nail (and then some) with one stroke. Some people might like this, some people might not. Me? I think I could do with a smaller brush.

Also...this polish is scented! It smells like a rose perfume or something. The scent does not last long though. It didn't even last 24 hours for me. But scented polish is another thing I'm apathetic about. Doesn't really impact it either way for me.

And for fun, here's a picture of the label on the bottom with the Korean writing:



I bought this polish on Ebay. It was like...$7 or so, including shipping. If you're interested, just search "Peripera nail polish" and you'll find it!

So because of the less than perfect application....I'm left feeling kind of "meh" about this polish. Add to the fact that this is a bit too close to looking black for my preference. I guess I like my greens a bit more...greener.

Anyway! That's enough rambling from me. Thanks for stopping by :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!
But please don't leave any links in your comments. If you'd like for me to check out your blog, email me a link and I'll check it out :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...